Sunday 3 January 2010

MEST 4: XMAS TASK 5

Essay Plan

Section 1: Introduction and historical over view


In the first section, I will introduce what my critical investigation is and establish my main focus on the representation of celebrities, body image and health issues and how the influence has changed over time amongst teenage girls. I will also summarise and give a clear over view of my historical context research so that the shift in celebrity influence over health issues and body image is made distinguishable. (G, R, H)

Section 2: Relationship between celebrities and audiences

In the second section I will be attempting to explain the relationship between celebrities and the audience. I will also introduce some theories such as the “Hypodermic syringe model” and “Hegemony” and use it to explain how the audience take in the information distributed by the mass media. This way I will be able to explain how the mass media is a medium which channels dominant ideologies of the celebrity culture into teenage girls making it the norm. This section will also provide examples to back up my investigation.
(Th, A, I)

No comments:

Post a Comment